3c7d2e6a7873d4e60767398871a47d7c23282228c37944f8e7

February 6, 2015

Guest Blog Feature: Valentine’s Day

When I think of Valentine’s Day, I think of love, hearts, roses, red.  So it was only natural to want to wear a red dress to a romantic Valentine’s dinner with my husband.  The only problem was when I went shopping for that sexy red dress, they were all sleeveless and short.  Sexy?  Yes.  Practical in freezing temperatures?  No.  I admitted shopping defeat and went home with one last hope. 

I flip open my laptop and look through my latest retail promotion e-mails.  One of my favorite sites is having a killer sale on Valentine’s Day dresses.  There it was.  Amongst hundreds of sleeveless, short, red and pink dresses lies a red long sleeve, full length dress.  It sounds matronly, but it had a deep V-neck, thigh high slit and cut outs on each side of the waist.  Daringly sexy and totally unexpected.  I had to have it.




It was the perfect solution to looking sexy and not freezing at dinner.  I paired the long red dress (from www.loveculture.com) with a pair of gold pumps (from DSW), a gold clutch (from ALDO) and topped it with a long pink faux fur duster (from Forever21).  Red dress, check.  Looking sexy, check.  Staying warm, double check.  Drop the traditional sleeveless short dress this year and wow him with something unexpected.  Sometimes sexy can be found in the most unconventional ways.

Guest post by  Chelsea K. Ray.  With Degrees in Fashion & Journalism, and years of experience in personal shopping, closet organization and writing, she has made a career in Fashion Consulting and Blogging.  She specializes in everyday fashion on a budget, so everything she features on her Blog is accessible and affordable.  Follow her at: Http://everydayfashiononabudget.blogspot.com

Thanks Chelsea, it was great working with you.
                                                                     xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty nice dress! I don't usually dress up so its errrr more a casual wearing for me lol. I like the whole look there though. SEXYYYYY :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...